In the past, you can dine out or eat in. Munchery introduced a new option that is changing the NYC food scene.
Munchery’s in-house chefs prepare dinner daily. The meal arrives chilled, and can be reheated in about 10 minutes. Delivery can be on-demand for $1.50 (up till 9pm), or if you order by 3:30pm, delivery is free.
I gave Munchery a test drive, and must admit that it is a solid dinner option. Here is the menu I ordered (with my boyfriend):
- Italian Spiced Chicken Leg $10.95
- Japanese Calamari Salad $3.95
- Baja Style Grilled Mahi Mahi $14.95
- Tataki Trio $6.95
I ordered the day before, avoiding the delivery fee. I designated the meal to arrive between 8-9pm, and it arrived in a timely fashion. The food was nicely packaged, with clear heating instructions. 10 minutes later, I was enjoying a chef-prepared meal at the comfort of my home.
The food was delicious. You can taste the difference. The chicken leg was definitely not something I could have made myself. At the same time, it wasn’t too fancy that it didn’t feel like a casual dinner at home. The price was fair – somewhere between home-cooked meal and going out. The portion is average. It’s not a super-sized me portion, but you won’t be hungry either. I do suggest ordering an appetizer and a main course for a full meal.
The menu is easy to navigate. Each item features a picture, chef’s name, description, heating instructions, ingredients, and nutritional values. There are also reviews from other diners. There are also numerous restriction diet options available, and those are obviously listed so it’s easy to avoid any food allergies. The menu does change daily, based on the chefs’ preparation. 5 NYC favorites however are becoming staples and will be featured on the menu daily.
- Munchery Roll by Chef John Truong – Diary-free, Nut-free, $8.95
- Italian Veggie Burger by Chef Rachel Hazen – Vegetarian, Vegan, Diary-free, $11.95
- Pappardelle with Meat Sugo by Chef Steven Pereyda – Nut-free, #13.50
- Grilled Red Curry Steak by Chef Eric Meas – Spicy, Gluten-free, Diary-free, $13.95
- Smoked Brisket Sandwich by Chef Eddie Montalvo – Nut-free, $13.95
With an ever-changing menu created by Munchery’s team of chefs, there is sure something that will make your mouth water as you think about dinner. Oh! Each chef also has a bio page where you can connect directly as well. Kinda cool!
And they make a donation to a local food bank for each order. So, why not order an extra meal, throw it into the fridge, and tomorrow’s lunch is covered!
- https://munchery.com (iOS and Android app available)
- Order between 3:30-9pm. Order by 3:30pm to avoid $1.50 delivery fee.
- Delivery time: 20-40 minutes
- Delivery zone: Manhattan below 116th. Limited parts of Brooklyn. Delivery map.