Food Day is coming! It’s on October 24th – a day to celebrate healthy, affordable, and sustainably produced food and healthy eating. I am a big proponent for healthy eating. I have personally struggled with weight a lot, so it’s a cause that’s very close to my heart. There are numerous ways to participate. Listed below are a few highlights. But the real way to participate is to incorporate better habits everyday. Here’s to better food and better eating. Cheers!
Dig Inn #SPROUTTOLUNCH Event!
- Enjoy the last few autumn days and have lunch outside for a chance to win a free month of lunch at Dig Inn. Purchase a Picnic Pint of Brussels sprouts and tag @diginn with #sprouttolunch on instagram of that pint at your favorite lunch spot. Submissions accepted through Oct 24th, when a winner is announced.
- 10% of all pint sales of B-Sprouts will be donated to Slow Food USA to help fund their Organic & Sustainable Farm to Restaurant Producer Summit.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.diginn.com/sprouttolunch/
Big Apple Crunch
- The Big Apple Crunch is an attempt to set the world record for the “Most Participants in an Apple-Crunch Event.” Join the effort and take a bite! RecordSetter.com, a New York City based organization tracking new world records, will be tracking the progress towards the world record!
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.bigapplecrunch.com/
Food Day at Eataly!
- One of my favorite stores Eataly New York will celebrate local producers on Food Day, Oct. 24, with an in-store “farmers’ market.” Customers will be able to visit each producer’s booth, sample the local and sustainable products regularly stocked at Eataly, and learn directly from the source about how they’re produced– and how to best incorporate them in recipes!
- DETAILS: October 24, 2013 at 12pm – 4pm @ Eataly (200 Fifth Ave)