Recently, I was honored to be invited to the Taste for Life Benefit Dinner for Brain Tumor Foundation. Did you know: Brain tumor is the #1 cancer killer of children and young adult under age of 20, and #2 of men between 20-39. You know this issues affects many when you see the collaboration that came together for this benefit dinner. The dinner featured six prominent NYC chefs.
- Chef Dale Talde of Talde in Park Slope (369 7th Ave) served Duck Confit, Spicy Eggplant Relish, Toasted Mandarin Roll with White Sauce. Wine pairing: Entwine Chardonnay.
- Chef Kerry Heffernan served English Pea Flan with Morels, Ramps, Tarragon. Wine pairing: Callabriga Dao Tinto
- Chef Yuhi Fujinaga of Sea Grill in Rockefeller Center served Olive oil poached king salmon, spring herb veloute, clams, breakfast radish. Wine pairing: The Show Garnacha
- Chef Chris Jaeckle of soon-to-open All’onda in Union Square (22 East 13th Street) served Pan roasted strip loin, crispy potatoes, parmesan fonduta. Wine pairing: Clos LaChance Zinfandel
- Chef Jacques Torres of Jacques Torres Chocolate served Ice cream and cookies
- Wine pairings was by Chris Cannon
Brain Tumor Foundation holds this tribute dinner annually. Look to their website (http://www.braintumorfoundation.org/) for information for future benefit dinners. In the meantime, please consider making a donation.
Photo credit: Mallory Dash