This weekend is time for the Ninth Avenue International Food Festival again! In its 40th year, this is one street fair that you don’t want to miss. The weather also promises to be nice and spring-like. What a fantastic way to spend a weekend!
Along 9th ave between 42nd – 57th street. 12noon – 5pm. There will also be live stage enetertainment of international music and dance at 55th street. This year, the festival will feature over 60 booths of international foods and goods, along with a curated food truck event!
Proceeds from the International Food Festival raises funds for the Ninth Avenue Association, and goes back into the neighborhood through community programs. So, what’s your excuse to not be there?
Other street fairs this weekend:
- Friday, 5/17, 9a – 6p, Bowling Green Park Fair (Broadway and Whitehall St.)
- Friday, 5/17, 10a – 4p, Lexington – 3rd ave on 54th
- Saturday, 5/18, 10a – 6p, 6th – 14th on 3rd Ave
- Saturday, 5/18, 12-6p, Broadway – Boreum on Graham in Brooklyn
- Saturday, 5/18, 11a – 6p, 14th – 23rd on 6th Ave
- Sunday, 5/19, 12 – 6p, Sterling – 12th on Fifth in Park Slope
- Sunday, 5/19, 10a – 6p, 6th ave – 7th ave on Greenwich Ave
Other food events this weekend:
- Smorgasburg (free) Saturday in Williamsburg, and Sunday in DUMBO (11a – 6p)
- Great GoogMooga (advanced tickets required) at Nethermead